Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week 6, 7, and 8 (8, 9, and 10 weeks pregnant): Couch Potato

This week was just more of the same as the last week, but without all the excitement of telling a few people the news. It was during this time that I made myself a permanent fixture on the couch in the basement. I felt too sick to eat much of anything, and all I wanted to do was lay around and sleep as much as possible. My dutiful husband played nurse (kind of nice for a change!) and fetched me whatever I needed to eat or whatever would make me feel better. He truly deserves a gold medal for putting up with my sickly self for weeks on end. I could tell he was kind of worried, even though I assured him that this was all normal and would pass once the second trimester was within site (at least, I hoped it was normal). I wasn’t feeling depressed, but I felt the kind of down mood that can only accompany feeling very, very sick. I missed more work this week because I couldn’t even think of getting up to get ready for work, much less get in the car and then run my ass off for 12 hours. I felt bad for missing work, but I knew there was no way I’d be able to tolerate such vigorous activity at this point in time.

Week 7 (9 weeks pregnant): See weeks 5 and 6

Week 8 (10 weeks pregnant): See weeks 5, 6 and 7

No comments:

Post a Comment